Khazanah Nasional Berhad — Summary

May 12, 2013

  • Print
  • Please login
The government of Malaysia founded Khazanah Nasional in 1993 to help drive the country’s economic development agenda, giving the new sovereign wealth fund oversight of key state-owned enterprises, including telecommunications company, Telekom Malaysia, and electrical utility company, Tenaga Nasional. The Ministry of Finance’s commercial arm, MoF, owns 99 percent of Khazanah and Malaysia’s Federal Land Commissioner owns the other 1 percent. The prime minister, Najib Razak, acts as chairman of Khazanah, whose board consists of senior government officials. Khazanah, whose name means National Treasury,…

Sign-up for your free account to read this article

Get Started

Already have an account?
 

Log In Here

Updated Fund Profiles

Our market-leading fund profile library provides unrivalled analysis of more than 90 government and sovereign funds.

Register to read fund profiles

Recent SWF Investments

Search the database of direct investments and mandates by fund, industry and target market to identify past deals that match your requirements. Access over $1 trillion worth of transactions dating back to the 1960s.

Register to explore our data

Latest SWF News

Sovereign Wealth Center makes staying abreast of the most recent government and sovereign fund events easy. Our team undertakes a thorough review of global news feeds every morning and distills salient points.

Register for the latest SWF news
Join the discussion:

To be able to print this content,
you must be a subscriber

For details on your subscription options,
please contact: